Import and Analyze Instagram Account Data
Instagram account copy is an archive containing records of user activity that can be downloaded from the Instagram account that one is logged in.
How to analyze Instagram data in Oxygen Forensic® Detective
Oxygen Forensic® Detective supports data extraction from all popular services and social networks, including Instagram. Our users can access data from the Instagram app that is installed on the device being investigated, Instagram cloud , or Instagram warrant return.
With Oxygen Forensic® Detective version 16.1, our customers can also import Instagram account copy into the software for further analysis.
Analyzing Instagram Account Copy
To do this:
- Open the profile page on the Instagram app.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the profile page, tap the three horizontally stacked lines. Then, tap “Settings.”
- There, select “Security.”
- Tap “Download Data.”
- Enter the email address and then select “Request Download.”
- Enter the account password and then tap “Next.”
The archive will be sent to the specified email address within 48 hours. It is possible to set the timeframe and type of data that is to be included in the copy.
The archive containing account data can either be downloaded in HTML or JSON format.
What is inside?
The archives containing files in both formats can be imported into Oxygen Forensic® Detective. Once they are parsed, the following become available to the investigator:
- Information about the user account
- Shared media
- Saved data
- Search results and history
- Integrated apps
- Interaction with stickers
- Monetization requests
- Camera metadata
- Threads data